The 1 day gorilla tour in Rwanda takes you to volcanoes national park a home to the highest population of mountain gorillas in the Virunga conservation area. Arrival, pick up, trekking and departure are all done on the same day.
Upon your arrival at 4:00am, you will be picked up by our driver guide and drive to Ruhengeri via magnificent views of the hilly countryside which give Rwanda its stature as “a country of a thousand hills”. You will stop at the Park headquarters for briefing and later be guided by a ranger guide to trek the gorillas. This activity is the most unforgettable experience of a lifetime. You will spend an hour with gorillas in the jungle and you also have high chances of meeting other animals like monkeys. In the evening, connect to the airport for a return flight.
End of the tour
1. 2 –3 pairs of light weight slacks/trousers – that can dry quickly (if wearing on treks)
2. 3 short sleeved t-shirts, 1 pair of shorts and 1-2 long sleeved shirts
3. 1 sweater or sweatshirt and strong waterproof walking boots/jacket
4. Hat-wide brim or with a visor for sun protection
5. Lightweight wool socks
6. Pair of sports sandals
7. Gloves – gardening or similar for gorilla trekking
8. Insect repellent, flashlight, binoculars, camera and extra lenses
9. Sunscreen glasses
10. Extra batteries – Some safari Lodges have facilities for recharging batteries